Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Open Educational Resources (OER)

Open Educational Resources is the use of information that is used for teaching and learning that is non expensive. University's have started to use this for courses, this is used for information and resources. Using this is good for University's and schools is helpful because it cut cost in resources. Its also able to be reached out side of class and in class its more open, hence the name. A good place for information on this topic is http://net.educause.edu/ir/library/pdf/ELI7061.pdf.
Another good place to find information is the OER commons, one can use this to find information on a topic. I will help someone find a lesson, or information on something. Well using this website one can find information on anything I would like to teach earth and space science, so I looked this us and I was able to fine different information I may want to use later in life as a teacher, http://www.oercommons.org/courses/essential-science-for-teachers-earth-and-space-science/view.
I also found information on it about the Hubble Telescope, which could be used because it is something that is always finding new things in space and NASA is who taking care of it, they also will take you to a site for the Mars rover, which is news that you can use to teach because it is newer there will not be books out about it yet so they best way to find the information is on line.
I also found information about what OER is the first website I went to was general What is OER? it gave websites to help explain communication and information, it discuses how OER can be used all over the world, and how it has grown over the years. The last site I found explain how it is set up and how to use it, this site is http://cnx.org/content/m18110/latest/. All of these sites will give you information on how to use this, I feel I will be using this later when I am a teacher because I would like to teach space and earth science. By using this I will be able to find more information on the topics  also things that are going on at that time that relate to the class.



No comments:

Post a Comment